When finishing a country house in Toronto, you should pay special attention to decorating the terrace. To ensure that this area of the house is furnished with the highest quality, specialists use the so-called terrace board. With its help, you can recreate any design of the territory to your taste and purse.
The main thing is to buy quality materials and entrust their installation to professionals. Let us understand what this material means and what categories it is divided into.
What is a terrace board in Toronto?
For starters, let’s look at what a terrace board in Toronto. As the name implies, it is a special material used for cladding the terrace area of the country house. Of course, it can be used for many purposes (which we will talk about below), but most often – just for the terrace.
Since such panels should be in the open space, they are resistant to wear and tear, resistant to high humidity and sharp temperature drops.
During the production process, the possibility of at least a small chip is excluded. This makes decking terrace boards the safest possible finishing material. Now you don’t have to be afraid of getting a splinter when moving around the terrace.
Of course, this only applies to quality tiles that have been installed according to all rules. Fortunately, today it is easy to find companies that install terrace tiles. For example, the company Captain Handy, on the website captainhandy.ca which offers a huge selection of terrace boards in Toronto!
Varieties and classification of the terrace board in Ontario
Today there are several types of terrace boards. Their classification is based on:
- type of filling.
First of all, you should understand what this finishing material is made of. According to this criterion, there are 3 main types of terrace boards in Toronto:
- made of natural wood;
- from thermo wood;
- wood-based polymer composite.
All adherents of environmentally friendly and natural materials like the most terrace board made of natural wood. Besides being environmentally friendly, the wood has an attractive appearance. It is able to give a cozy warm atmosphere, turning your terrace into a comfortable area for recreation.
Currently, several types of wood are used in production. The most popular with us are larch or acacia terrace boards. These types of trees grow in our latitudes. Finishing boards made of them will be cheaper than, for example, from more exotic types of wood.
If you want to stand out, pay attention to a terrace board in Ontario made of merbau, meranti or teak. These exotic tree species are as resistant to high humidity and insects as possible.
Thermal wood is a more innovative technology of terrace board production. It is the technology that allows to significantly increase the service life of the finishing material. It is known that wood in its pure form is easily exposed to moisture and sunlight.
In order to avoid unpleasant consequences, manufacturers term wood. To do this, they have to calculate the deckboard in a vacuum. This process completely burns all the components that can subsequently cause rotting of the material.
The polymer terrace board in Toronto is manufactured according to the newest principle and is a completely new type of material. Fine wood dust is used for production, which is compacted with synthetic polymers. The resulting material is absolutely not afraid of water and is characterized by maximum ease of maintenance.
An important disadvantage of wood-polymer composite of the terrace board is the lack of resistance to sunlight. Such finishing quickly fades and loses its original appearance. Therefore, if you plan to decorate with it the sunny area, please note that the board will not last more than 10 years.
If we talk about the type of filling terrace tiles, they are distinguished:
- Empty board. It is used for partial finishing and has an affordable price.
- Full body panel. Maximum strength material that can withstand any load.
Advantages and disadvantages of the terrace board in Ontario
The terrace board in Ontario has a number of advantages that have made it popular around the world:
- The material is as resistant to sunlight as possible and will not burn out over time.
- Long service life (from 25 to 50 years).
- Compliance with all fire safety standards and requirements.
- Ecology – the basis of most deck boards is natural wood. This material does not emit poisonous substances, does not cause allergies and, therefore, does not harm human health.
- It is easy to care for. The top layer of the terrace tiles is covered with special solutions in order to wash the coating much easier.
- Highly wear-resistant and resistant to high loads.
- Moisture resistance, which allows the material to be used in any climate. In addition, this property makes the deck board ideal for swimming pool or bath decoration.
The disadvantages of the material can only include a certain fragility of the terrace board, which is characteristic of the panels of the thermo-tree. It is explained by the careful processing of the material. Therefore, it should be installed particularly carefully.
How to use the terrace board in Toronto
The terrace board in Toronto is perfect for both exterior and interior work. Today it is used for decoration:
- Playgrounds for sports competitions, dance performances and other concerts. Wooden or decking terrace board perfectly copes with this load.
- Facing the facades of a country house.
- Decoration and creation of furniture for the garden area or park area.
- Construction of stairs.
- Creating fences.
- Design of loggias, terraces, gazebos or the roof of a country house. Resistance to high humidity, rainfall and strong temperature drops make the terrace board an ideal material for creating such elements of the cottage.
- Facing saunas and pool area. Many models of the terrace board have a special anti-slip coating. So you can safely use the material to create a path and area near the pool.
How do I properly care for my terrace board in Ontario?
The terrace board in Ontario, made of wood-polymer composite, is of very high quality and quite unpretentious, i.e. it does not require regular care, as in the case of wooden decking, which requires all kinds of care procedures. However, this does not mean that the terrace board made of WPC does not need to be followed.
Terraces of any type need care, but in case of WPC it is quite economical and simple. That is why in this article we would like to dwell on the recommendations for the care of the terrace board.
- Spilled sauces, oils or drinks from the terrace board should be removed immediately with a damp cloth to avoid leaving any traces;
- If the damp cloth does not work, use a stain removal brush or steam cleaner. You can also get rid of dirt with detergents and cleaners based on biodegradable surfactants;
- Wine and cigarette stains that are difficult to remove can be removed with sandpaper;
- Dry or wet cleaning should be done longitudinally. After using chemical agents, wash the decking with warm water;
- Wash the terrace board after the garden trees have stopped blooming. This way you avoid allergen accumulation;
- There should be no debris underneath the terrace board and in the gaps as this makes air circulation difficult;
- It is better not to use chemical fertilizers near the terrace;
- Use special stands for flower pots and furniture legs;
- If you use mats, vinyl or fabric is what you need, because rubber paints the surface;
- Avoid placing hot objects on your terrace;
- Use a plastic shovel to clear the flooring of snow;
- In no case exceed the load indicated in your terrace board passport.
Polymer decking itself has excellent water repellent properties, but oil impregnation will improve these qualities, as well as your board will better repel dirt and dust, alcohol, acetone and fruit acids. Oil also improves the appearance of the board.